Relying on policing employees to prevent ransomware and other cybercrime attacks appears to be a never-ending crisis for businesses today. Today, employees are ignoring basic protocols, like password protection tools and using work computers and mobile phones for personal use.
600 individuals in companies—many with a headcount of less than 100—participated in Cisco’s recent survey on cybersecurity.
Findings from the survey include:
- $2,235,018 per year is the average amount spent in the aftermath of a cyber attack or data breach (up from $1,835,011)
- 9,350 is the average number of records compromised in a data breach (up from 5,079)
- 61% say their business was a victim of a cyber attack (up from 55%)
- 54% say a negligent employee or contractor was the root cause of their data breaches (up from 48%)
- And ransomware has increased from 2% to 52% over a 12 month period
You can get help with security and focus your attention on your business by choosing Cisco Umbrella.
Contact us to learn how Telcion can help your organization work smarter, maximize resources, and stay secure.